Old 12-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Jenny

Default unknown small tree?

Hello folks!
Have a question, and going to post what I noticed and hopefully find out
what this was....
On my way home tonight, I saw a lovely tree, or rather the top of it in a
suburban back yard.
I did a double take as it reminded me of the flowering cherry tree's we have
here in the spring, as it was a bright pink in colour.
I live near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, zone 4(roughly), although in the city,
they might get away with more delicate plants due to high fences blocking
winter winds and lots of radiant heat from buildings keeping things from
getting tooooooo frigid in winter.

This tree was similar to a small apple tree in shape, at least the top part
was, and the leaves, not too large, and simple, were about 1" by 2-3" long,
were a lovely pink shade.....thought of a burning bush changing red in fall,
but this was really pink...almost fuchia....

Any ideas of what it was? Did I give enough info to even make a guess? If
not, I'll try to answer any questions, but I saw it waiting at a stop
light, so did not get a lot of time to examine it....

Many thanks for any suggestions....am thinking it would look lovely here at
my house.....

Jenny