Old 31-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Bob Bauer

Default Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

Shiva said:

Hey Mike, do you grow Austin's Golden Celebration? I have a baby (last
year's ownroot from Muncy's Rose Emporium in FL) in my garden. I think I
chose it because it is not supposed to get as big here at Graham Thomas,
andbecause its color is supposed to be a bit deeper. I have it planted
between Granada and Pat Austin.

Hey Shiva, if you are thinking that Golden Celebration is smaller than
Graham Thomas, you are in for a surprise. It will get huge!

It is classed in many places as a climber. The blooms have more
petals than Graham Thomas and are in general prettier in my opinion.
They also last longer.

All in all it is a pretty great rose.

Bob Bauer
Zone 6 in Salt Lake City