Old 12-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Dilution of urine in compost

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:17:23 GMT, Sally Thompson wrote:

My husband generously provides our organic compost activator, and the
compost seems to be doing fine, but he sprinkles it on neat. I have
seen quite a few references to diluting the urine first, and wondered
if anyone could tell me why that is recommended?

Put it on the compost neat, but dilute it when you fertilize
plants with it.

BTW, while gentleman are supplied complete with a nice little
spout for dispensing liquid gold, there's nothing stopping the
ladies from also contributing to the garden's nitrogen budget.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada