Old 12-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Yes! We Won!

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:02:01 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

We cleaned up! It's especially sweet because we have a rather sad record
regarding display awards, even though we routinely win lots of ribbons for
individual plants.

Yippee! Photos after tomorrow.

Humbly yours,

Diana

Congratulations.
I put in my own display... when you sign up to be a student Judge
it is suggested that the best way to learn to put a display
together is PRACTICE... IE .. do them.

So All I wanted to display was a Phrag Court Jester. Large green
Phrag in S/H. So I figured I needed either a spectacular pot and
prop or some more plants. I found Aerangis biloba, Ascda Fuchs
Gold x Ascda Harvest Moon, and Rumrillara Sugar Baby. So I have 1
white, 2 yellows (one sunny and one orange tinged) and a Green
Phrag. The theme of the show is "Autumns Glowing Orchids"
Would you believe I got nominated for best use of Theme.. I could
not believe it. The judge said the yellows just glowed and there
was not a pumpkin in sight G (Some displays had more props
than Orchids).
John's Phrag (not photographed yet, it better not drop a flower)
got a Blue in class and Best Flower for Paph/Phrag alliance
classes. The Yellow Ascda got a Blue and Best Flower of Class
for Vandaceous alliance, the Aerangis got a Blue and The
Rumrillara was 3rd in the same class.

Not a prop that was not living. Only Spanish moss lightly mixing
with the roots to tie it together on the table. Also helps hold
moisture in the area.

I am with you Diana - FEELS GOOD.
'Nite all.
SuE