Old 12-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Sue Walsh

Default Ponding is expensive, so are cats ;-)

Jammer,
Jan is right check out the rescue cats, there are rescue groups for
all breeds of cats. A year & a half ago I lost my beautiful Red
Abyssinian to cancer. She was 16 years old and we had her from a
kitten. We had purhased her after falling in love with the breed at
cat show. I didn't know about rescue groups back then and she cost us
a small fortune. After we lost her I found an Abyssinian rescue group
on line and now have another pure breed Abyssinian from the group for
a fraction of what I would have had to pay normally. There is also a
site from breeders who are retiring cats they have used for breeding
and putting them up for adoption, the fee is a lot less than you pay
for a kitten from these same breeders. They list the breeders cats by
breed type and Maine Coon is one of them. Check it out, I just went
to the site and I think a Maine Coon is on their feature page. Here
is the link

http://breedlist.com/retired/

Sue W
You can see my pond Rippling Waters at
http://community.webshots.com/user/aspenjd

~ jan JJsPond.us
Jammer,

Did you look into rescued Maine Coons? You all made me curious so I went
looking in my area and there were a lot to choose from.