Old 12-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Pen Phill

Default Fairy Rings

Subject: Fairy Rings
From: Jaques d'Altrades
Date: 11/10/03 18:43 Romance Daylight Time
The message
from
iljunk (Pen Phill) contains these words:

Did you look at the picture? Agaricus campestris or A. arvensis I'd say
- certainly not Merasmius oreades.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

I think I will look that up. Looks a nice long Latin name! They were
certainly
tasty whatever their name. I don't know about maximising the crop as
they seem
to be COMMON here. I took some of mine over to my neighbour to check
they were
OK as suggested and they were even growing on the grass verge where I was
standing!

(bit snipped)
I have a very
pretty red one growing in the lawn as well...got white spots

Unlikely. Amanite muscaria grows in and on the margins/clearings of woodland.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

No...Really.......I have.....