Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 PM
animaux

Default Anybody go to Green Festival today?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:27:03 GMT, "Spam-A-Ram-A" opined:

It was pretty neat. We volunteered at one of the booths for a few hours,
then walked around.

I got a kick out of the lady with the shoes made from recycled materials -
she had the little skeleton in a green dress, and was talking through it to
the passers-by via a microphone. One little kid, four years old or so, kept
coming back and trying to talk to the skeleton.

Her shoes seemed neat, too, been needing another pair, but not too keen on
high-top lace-ups, went velcro for most occasions about ten years ago. She
was out of my size, would have to mail them, but said as long as they didn't
smell she'd take 'em back should I not like 'em. Nice customer return
policy!

There was way to much to take in all at once. The new hybrid bus had nice
seats, hope the city springs for 'em, even though they're not quite twice
the price of normal busses fuel savings should even things out. The
electric car people were very nice, that red convertible was a Kharman Ghia
kit underneath, got about 45 miles before needing a charge, better mileage
available, better batteries, higher price. The Accord hybrid at the next
booth over had a sticker of 21K.

It wasn't an Accord. It was a Civic. It looked like an Accord. We have two
vehicles in paid off condition! Hopefully that will be for another ten years or
so. We run our cars till they need to be replaced, but it sure did look like a
nice hybrid to us.

Was nice to see Wheatsville Co-Op represented, but noticed no Sun Harvest or
Whole Foods. Central Market supplied the large paper bags at the entrance,
that everyone used to hold their flyers & giveaways.

I've never been to Central Market. Is it an organic food store?

May have to jot down a more comprehensive review, if'n anyone's interested.

All in all, it was a terrific experience and well worth the time and money.
Victoria