Old 12-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Anybody go to Green Festival today?

animaux wrote:
I've never been to Central Market. Is it an organic food store?

You've never been to Central Market? You have to go! It's a food-lover's
paradise...
They have the largest selection of organic produce in the city, though I buy
most of my veggies at Boggy Creek Farm nowadays. Eating in season, you know.
They have a lot of organic and natural-type stuff, as well as gourmet items.
They just started selling the best store-bought chickens I've ever had. Smart
chicken is the brand. They use the air-dry process they use in Europe, instead
of the common-bath one they use here. Much more flavorful and juicy, even
when roasted half an hour too much... ;-)
Their bakery is very good for most things, great ciabatta and their cheese
selection is second to none.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv