Old 12-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Diminishing Dahlias?

Subject: Diminishing Dahlias?
From: Mike Edwardes
Date: 12/10/2003 19:49 GMT Daylight Time
I've been growing Dahlias in 15 inch tubs in a fairly rich compost with
lots of watering and liquid feed (Tomorite) every 2 weeks. Last year,
everything great. This year, lots of leaves but very few, small
flowers. What went wrong? Should I discard the tubers and start again
with fresh next year?

The soil is too rich do they are putting their efforts into making lots of
foliage to enlarge the tuber. Repot and don't feed next year, they'll think
they need to put up flowers and seed. The tubers will be ok, they just need a
little starving.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/