Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 PM

Default (indian) summer gazpacho

On 12 Oct 2003 11:00:57 -0700,
(rdoiron) wrote:

I don't know about you all, but my tomatoes and peppers are still
hanging in there which ain't bad seeing I'm in Maine. Add a cucumber,
garlic, and a bit of this and that and gazpacho here we come. Check
out the new page at Kitchen Gardeners International for a real
Andalusian version of the world's favorite cold soup.
http://www.kitchengardeners.org/gazpacho.html

Mine aren't (north central PA). We've had several very
heavy frosts (26 F, for example) - the first one was October
2.

No more tomatoes, no more peppers, no more eggplants, no
more cucumbers, no more squash, no more green beans.
Phooey!

Chard, kale, lettuce and Chinese cabbage will continue. I
just transplanted raddichio today, also winter lettuce, also
more chard.

Pat

--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/