Old 12-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Jim W

Default help identifying this plant

DLee wrote:

Hi Jim

Thats it! - What can I do without this good old internet eh?? I can tell it
from the way the fruits look - I thought they were baby tomatoes ..So they
are just type of rose - but then, they will need a lot of sun and fertiliser
and water like roses?

cheers

Dan

No, rose hips are generally a lot tougher.. Of course you can feed and
water 'anything' and make it grow soft and lush but generally ours (like
our roses) don;t get anything much other than a good muclch of bark
chips as weed control and mebbe top dressing of compost or well rotted
manure each year at the most. Other than that they are left to fend for
themselves!-)

I'm no expert on the Rosa species though.

/
Ji