Old 12-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Fairy Rings

The message
from iljunk (Pen Phill) contains these words:

Unlikely. Amanite muscaria grows in and on the margins/clearings of
woodland.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

No...Really.......I have.....

Look...

Coo yes - Amanita muscaria without a doubt. It was this mushroom the
Norsemen took before going berserk. It is hallucogenic, and overuse can
lead to madness, and an overdose can be fatal.

I've never tried it and I have no intention of doing so, but it is said
that after peeling it is safe to eat, which is probably where the old
wives' tale of peeling as a test for edibility. (Amanita phalloides, A.
verna and A. virosa all peel, and they are amongst the most deadly
mushrooms known.)

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk