Old 13-10-2003, 07:22 AM

Default What grew best for you this year?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:38:58 GMT, wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:31:36 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
wrote:

"Andrea Bostrom" wrote in message
I am in Zone 6 in Kentucky and my tomatoes, green peppers,
jalapeno peppers and habernero peppers all thrived and I have many bags of

them
stored in my freezer for chili this winter. Strangely, my squash and

zucchini,
which usually grow like weeds, did not do well. Nor did my egglant.

Andrea

In Central Maryland, the fungus grew the best. Other than that, the Leeland
Cypres and Arbor Vitae grew well. Terrible year for fruit.

In So.Calif coastal, 24/8: Green beans. Out the kazoo. Went down
fighting, even when I had to pull out the vines.

So many, I had to learn to freeze the surplus. Hope they taste good
when thawed and nukes.

Oops - forgot strawberries. So many, I made strawberry sauce for
pancakes and waffles. Strawberries, sugar, cardamon and lemon.

Persephone