Old 13-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Abso

Default Growing coriander

On 12/10/2003 at 19:25:12, Sacha typed:

in article , Abso at
wrote on 12/10/03 6:58 pm:

I've bought a small pot of coriander plants from Sainsburys, the
type that comes pre-potted and growing, designed primarily for use
as an ingredient.

snip

This isn't a good time of year to be doing the regeneration thing
unless you can provide high sun levels, warmth and very free draining
soil or compost. Herbs need all those - that's why they're
herbaceous and (mostly) disappear in winter. The exceptions are the
woody herbs like some Rosemary, some Lavender, some Thymes, Bay. My
experience of those super-market plants is that they seem to have a
sort of built-in obsolescence! I suspect that they're raised - or
forced - quickly under artificial conditions and that the 'real
world' proves to be too much for them.

Thanks, I think I share your conclusion as after only a couple of days
it's looking decidedly wilted. Too much warmth and not enough light
here, I reckon (

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - ignore header email address