Old 13-10-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

Default landscape grass

For this reason, when I cut my ornamental grasses to the ground in spring, I
also comb out the dead centers. I take a rake and vigorously rake out anything
dead in the center. That's when I will be dividing a huge stand of M.sinensis
'Cabaret' and 'Morning Light.'

I would never plant pampas grass.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:34:43 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

Really. As a landscaper, I cringe when a client wants this removed. Last
month we cut down a 10 year old stand and there were 1,257,898 roaches
that ran out from the base as we destoyed the tops and and starting
removing the dead mass hiding just below the tops. Almost had to get men
to replace the men I was using(they weren't happy about the task because
of the roaches)

samuel l crowe wrote:

You can plant pampas grass anytime and it will live and before you know it
you will wish it had died.
At least thats the way I feel about mind.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"running water" wrote in message
hi all,
i was wondering when would be a good time to dig and transplant ornamental
grass, such as pampas grass.
and when should i cut it back.
this is the grasses with tall flowering plumes that grow in clumps.
i live in eastern ohio
thanks