Old 13-10-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

Default landscape grass

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 06:19:53 -0500, Lorraine
opined:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:34:43 -0500, J Kolenovsky wrote:

Really. As a landscaper, I cringe when a client wants this removed. Last
month we cut down a 10 year old stand and there were 1,257,898 roaches
that ran out from the base as we destoyed the tops and and starting
removing the dead mass hiding just below the tops. Almost had to get men
to replace the men I was using(they weren't happy about the task because
of the roaches)

Ew. Are roach infestations common to other ornamental grasses or is this
particular to just pampas grass? What other reasons do people have for not
liking pampas? Not that 1,257,898 roaches isn't enough, but I do see the
anti-pampas attitude often, and I've never figured out why.

Lorraine --- now rethinking landscaping plans.

For one reason, in many places it is a noxious weed and can easily push out
native species. It's not allowed to be sold in California, I believe.