Old 13-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Gary M

Default Bringing in geranium

In article , Mceezee wrote:

I have a beautiful coral color geranium - I was thinking of bringing this in
for the winter (I have seen others do this with some success).

What do I need to do with it - cut it way back and just let it sit in the
basement? Or does it need water over the winter season? Any suggestions?

Maria

Last year I put half a dozen plants in the basement for overwintering
I watered them occasionally and they did well. First warm day in April
I put them out and a few hours later happened to look at them and they
had all blanched completely white. I guess I shocked them. One eventually
recovered. Anyway, not sure why that happened, but be aware.

Gary