Old 13-10-2003, 04:12 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Default Tomato Seedlings Inside the Tomato

Really Strange: I have a tomato that the seeds are literally sprouting from within and
popping out of the skin - see the seven pictures taken on Thursday and another one just
taken last night
http://www.ofoto.com/AlbumMenu.jsp?U...1_274461001103
(or http://www.ofoto.com my email mickie143@hotmail password: mickie). I've never seen or
heard of anything like this before, is this freaky or something common that I've just
never heard of?
I bought this particular tomato at the grocery store, it had been sitting on the kitchen
counter for at least a week or more... still firm and fresh as the day I bought it. A few
days ago I noticed the first sprout and thought I'd let it happen just to see what kind of
plant would develop. The seedling had already broken through the skin of the tomato, so I
wasn't sure if it was a tomato seed or maybe another kind of seed (birdseed?) that had
gotten in there somehow. I set the whole tomato on the kitchen windowsil and misted it
from time to time, but the original seedling dried up. It was then that I noticed all the
little breen pimples on the rest of the tomato... popped a few of them, and dang if there
aren't little tomato plants sporuting out of them now.......should I contact the
Department of Agriculture? Riplely's? Guinness?
(Stephen King?.....nah...he'd never believe it........) g
Mickie