Old 13-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Gary Woods

Default Goals for next year?

(Patskywriter) wrote:

5. learn how to pot up container gardens that look as lush as those in
magazines and on TV

Understand that those are pretty bogus, and bear the same relationship to
real life as an anorexic "super model" does to a real woman.

#endrant

And mine, after some ill-considered thought, and a lot of walking in the
sun:

I will stop feeling sorry for myself; the sudden changes of two years ago
aren't personal, and I'm doing pretty well anyway.

I will spend more time in the garden that's really too big for me to manage
well (Tom Jefferson did the same; I'm in good company), not because the
weeds are an embarassment, but because I feel better when I'm outdoors
pulling weeds and getting dirty than almost any other time.

I will spend the winter testing stored seeds, researching that solar
greenhouse project, and doing the redecorating that's thirty years overdue.

I'll get the peppers and tomatoes planted on time this spring. Promise!

Actually, spring has already started; I'm preparing the garlic bed for
planting within the next couple of weeks. It's amazing how much better
things look with a couple of passes of the rototiller and a good dose of
compost!

Life is good.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods