Old 13-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Yes! We Won!

On 13 Oct 2003 03:33:05 GMT, ojunk (ARIET B)
wrote:

Diana- I am SO happy that your display got awarded!
The Central New York Show was this weekend, also- and Guess Who took a Best in
Section, AOS Show Trophy , and Orchid Digest Show Trophy?
We took our very first Show Trophy this spring, in a neighboring community,
but to have all this glory at once- 'was WONDERFUL!

The fellow who volunteered to do out disply usually does "miniatures", but he
had access to a basement full of Victorian furniture, so designed a "roomette"
with them, and, of course filled every nook and cranny with the orchids that
our members showed up with, on Friday night.

There were 6 AOS awards given, and the judges were very pleased with the show.
It is NOT a large show- 3 societies, and 4 vendors, and we do a table for
photos, and an educational display. These judges have NEVER given our own
displays any high marks- so we were extra surprised, and pleased.
Elinor

Elinor -
Congratulations on all the blues and on what sounds like a very
special display. I have never seen an exhibit sweep the field.
Usually the judges are too stingy and say they have to spread the
joy around. That is really a top honor to get both AOS and ODC
Trophy.

It sounds like you have a nice sized show. Of course it could be
because Denver's is normally 4 vendors, there was a booking error
and we had 5 this year. But the weather made for crowds and they
happily all sold well.

Anyone else have a show this last weekend? We can keep this going
and the fizz up for a few more days. G

SuE