Old 13-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Pam Moore

Default Organic remedy for tomato blight ?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:39:38 +1000, Peter Richards
wrote:

Our new tomato plants are showing signs of dark brown and light purple
patches on the leaves, obviously blight. We prefer an organic solution
to the problem. Can someone recommend something please.

I tried the only suggested control this year for the first time. I
sprayed the plants 3 times with Bordeaux mixture.
Did it work? Not sure!
A few plants got blight anyway at the end of August ( the worst time)
but some didn't and went on cropping.
The Bordeaux mixture leaves an awful white deposit on leaves and fruit
and there was need to take all fruit home and wash it before eating.

Pam in Bristol