Old 13-10-2003, 10:02 PM

Default Goals for next year?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:48:13 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

I will spend more time in the garden that's really too big for me to manage
well (Tom Jefferson did the same; I'm in good company), not because the
weeds are an embarassment, but because I feel better when I'm outdoors
pulling weeds and getting dirty than almost any other time.

It's too bad you don't live closer to us: you can pull LOTS
of weeds here.

I will spend the winter testing stored seeds, researching that solar
greenhouse project, and doing the redecorating that's thirty years overdue.

Sounds like fun (except the redecorating part).

I'll get the peppers and tomatoes planted on time this spring. Promise!

Actually, spring has already started; I'm preparing the garlic bed for
planting within the next couple of weeks. It's amazing how much better
things look with a couple of passes of the rototiller and a good dose of
compost!

Life is good.

I forgot to buy garlic.

I'm planning my next year's 'selling garden' which will
mainly be miniature vegetable plants.

And I do mean miniature PLANTS, not miniature fruit -
tomatoes such as Red Robin, where the plants get about one
foot high, Spicy Globe Bush Basil (small), mini-pepper
plants and mini-eggplant plants.

I'm growing various types of these this winter in our big
bay window to test them.

I hope to sell them - already potted in 6.5" azalea pots,
and hardened off - at our local farmers' market, and
possibly the farmers' market in Nearest Small City in New
York State (which is much larger than the local one).

We don't know if they will sell, but we hope so. Everyone
who comes to our house and sees them wants them - this is a
good sign. They really do fruit and they're cute little
things!

I'm hoping to produce and sell about 240 plants. Hoping.
Producing them is OK, that I *know* I can do. Selling is
the only iffy part.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/