Old 13-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Yes! We Won!

Elinor,

Good job, girl! Sounds like we all had a pretty fun weekend. BTW, when are
you moving down here?

Diana

"ARIET B" wrote in message
Diana- I am SO happy that your display got awarded!
The Central New York Show was this weekend, also- and Guess Who took a

Best in
Section, AOS Show Trophy , and Orchid Digest Show Trophy?
We took our very first Show Trophy this spring, in a neighboring

community,
but to have all this glory at once- 'was WONDERFUL!

The fellow who volunteered to do out disply usually does "miniatures",

but he
had access to a basement full of Victorian furniture, so designed a

"roomette"
with them, and, of course filled every nook and cranny with the orchids

that
our members showed up with, on Friday night.

There were 6 AOS awards given, and the judges were very pleased with the

show.
It is NOT a large show- 3 societies, and 4 vendors, and we do a table for
photos, and an educational display. These judges have NEVER given our own
displays any high marks- so we were extra surprised, and pleased.
Elinor