Old 13-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Yes! We Won!

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:53:05 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Our show had a downer.. On Sunday afternoon one display had a crystal

orchid stolen. She was no longer watching people around her display and it
walked. I don't know how expensive, but it was worth a chunk of change.

That's horrible! And really, it's not the money, is it? Someone took her
baby. By crystal orchid, I assume you mean a plant that had taken a trophy?

Diana

No - She had a display of art featuring orchids and one piece was
lead crystal. This one was Swarovski crystal.
http://crystalglassandporcelain.com/...flowers/1.html
She had a piece shaped like a cheese dome with an orchid carved
on the glass plate and cups and saucers, Christmas ornaments,
window sun catchers. Most were carved glass or painted glass or
porcelain. I have no idea if this was a $20 or a $250 piece.
Either way you feel violated.

This is why J&L travel with an enclosed display case. Their
little jewels are living and need moisture as well as security.
But the security is the high point.

SuE