Old 13-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Swiss Cheese Plant advice requested

Hi
I have recently bought a Swiss Cheese Plant. As well as aerial roots
trained around a central moss pole it also has lots of aerial roots

hanging
down beyond the rim of the pot which are rather unsightly. Is it OK to

cut
these off and if so where should I cut them.

Be careful if you stand it next to wallpaper. I have had them grow
onto the paper and leave a right mess!

We have one - two actually, on the quarter landing. They wouldn't put roots
into a pole but one root made its way down the stairs. It got to the hall
after two years. The grandchhildren were fascinated.

I understand that they're really crawling plants rather than upright ones
and that they grow horizontally instead of upright.

Ours do ...

Mary

Pam in Bristol