Old 13-10-2003, 11:32 PM
paghat

Default slugs

In article , "Travis"
wrote:

Brian wrote:
I'm having a problem with slugs, again! What is the best
product to get rid of them? Thanks. Sue

Ducks love slugs.

There's also a slug-killing robot I heard about on NPR. Boy would I like
to see that in action -- but only once, out of curiosity. I wonder if you
can get it with a voicebox & have it shouting,"Danger! Danger, Slug
Robertson!" and "Die slug ******* die!" every time it finds another one.

Sluggo is a completely non-toxic slug bait that really does do them in but
functions as a mere nutrient for plants. Sluggo works even in the rain,
unlike other slug baits which are toxic to pets & not safe around veggies
& then don't even work when its raining & the slugs are actually in
motion. It's best to take care of the slug problem in damp autumn then
there won't be so many to worry about laying eggs come spring.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"