Old 14-10-2003, 04:02 AM
animaux

Default Question (I need this answer seriously as soon as possible)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:51:11 -0400, "Madgardener"
opined:

I need to know what Albuquerque, New Mexico is like. Climate. Cost of
living. Cost of houses. Sizes of yards. Restrictions. Crime. What zone it's
considered. A good site that is idiot proof that might take me to these
questions. What groceries average. This is extremely important to me and
before ya'll tell me to go to a website. ..... the ones I've found are
extensive, it takes forever to download these sites of some of them (I have
dial up connection and I need a dead ringer site that would be simple with
answers to these questions) unless there is someone out there in the
newsgroup that can answer me because they live there.................
madgardener serious about these inquiries (don't ask, just help me, please)

We've only been to Albuquerque once, but it was a beautiful city, flanked by
majestic mountain ranges and seems to be buzzing with people and students. We
didn't look much at the real estate there, but at Santa Fe and Taos, and, well,
WOW is all I'll say. Those two were very expensive, but magnificent and had an
incredible spirit about the place.

I think Albuquerque would be a more affordable place and more mainstream, as
artsy goes, but you can go to www.realtor.com and I believe you can order
relocation packages which will outline many different things about the city. Do
a search on the city's website...wait, I'll be right back...try he

http://www.cabq.gov/

It may load a bit easier than other glittery sites. Go to your local Barnes and
Noble and see if they sell the Sunday paper from that city. Most larger book
stores do.

It's got a flatness to the landscape, but with inclines and mountains. I can't
explain it, but the place has the most beautiful pinon trees on the planet and a
culture all its own. Much of that culture is based on rich Indian presence, but
if you have to move there, you will adore it. I believe it is in zone 6b, but I
could be very wrong. Very hot summers, dry, and COLD winters with snow.
Probably what you have now, but dry.

So, what's going on. Did you think nobody would ask?