Old 14-10-2003, 05:32 AM
Madgardener

Default Question (I need this answer seriously as soon as possible)

no, I didn't think anyone would ask, it's kinda a shock to me at the moment.
Squire came home from the trucking school today and handed me this print out
from TVI that read as if it were his resume. If I give him the word, he'll
apply for this position and it will mean relocating from Eastern Tennessee
(where I've been for the last eleven years, and where a large piece of my
heart is I'm afraid) Yes, I love him and I would never hold him back from a
good thing. And this would be a good thing. I just see all the "mountainous
problems" that lie ahead of us instead of just "packing up and moving out
there if he gets the job". It aint' that easy anymore. (that's what we did
when we first met each other. We acted on whim's and somehow we always
pulled it out. But now I am not as quick to say "SURE, lets do it!" I trust
him, and I love him with all my heart, and it's not that at all. Nor is it
gardening in a totally different place. It's alot of things that for the
first time since ya'll have known me I am not wanting to talk about so
freely (WOW, me NOT talking openly? somethings wrong there g) If I hold
him back I can never live with myself. And I am a firm believer that
everything happens for reasons. Case in point..........how unlikely is it
that a Nashville grown little hippie Tennessee girl, met a Michigan born
and raised former Marine in Aurora, Colorado thru a sweet angel of a lady by
the name of Michelle? It was meant to be. Same as it was meant to be for us
to move HERE. sigh.............................more soul searching. I will
holler at youse later. ((((hug))))
thanks for being there V.
Maddie
"animaux" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:51:11 -0400, "Madgardener"
opined:

I need to know what Albuquerque, New Mexico is like. Climate. Cost of
living. Cost of houses. Sizes of yards. Restrictions. Crime. What zone

it's
considered. A good site that is idiot proof that might take me to these
questions. What groceries average. This is extremely important to me

and
before ya'll tell me to go to a website. ..... the ones I've found are
extensive, it takes forever to download these sites of some of them (I

have
dial up connection and I need a dead ringer site that would be simple

with
answers to these questions) unless there is someone out there in the
newsgroup that can answer me because they live there.................
madgardener serious about these inquiries (don't ask, just help me,

please)

We've only been to Albuquerque once, but it was a beautiful city, flanked

by
majestic mountain ranges and seems to be buzzing with people and

students. We
didn't look much at the real estate there, but at Santa Fe and Taos, and,

well,
WOW is all I'll say. Those two were very expensive, but magnificent and

had an
incredible spirit about the place.

I think Albuquerque would be a more affordable place and more mainstream,

as
artsy goes, but you can go to www.realtor.com and I believe you can order
relocation packages which will outline many different things about the

city. Do
a search on the city's website...wait, I'll be right back...try he

http://www.cabq.gov/

It may load a bit easier than other glittery sites. Go to your local

Barnes and
Noble and see if they sell the Sunday paper from that city. Most larger

book
stores do.

It's got a flatness to the landscape, but with inclines and mountains. I

can't
explain it, but the place has the most beautiful pinon trees on the planet

and a
culture all its own. Much of that culture is based on rich Indian

presence, but
if you have to move there, you will adore it. I believe it is in zone 6b,

but I
could be very wrong. Very hot summers, dry, and COLD winters with snow.
Probably what you have now, but dry.

So, what's going on. Did you think nobody would ask?