Old 14-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Richard Pope

Default Native temperate orchids from seed?

Thanks a lot Pam.... Best wishes from Iowa....

Rich

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Richard,

You might contact Paul Gripp of Santa Barbara Orchid Estate in Santa
Barbara, CA. He spoke at our society meeting the other evening and
brought in several Spiranthes odorata and one that came from either Iowa
or Illinois, and he now has them growing in his yard. He is very
friendly and helpful; so, you might phone and ask for him or send email:

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Richard Pope wrote:

Howdy, and dare I say this is my first post. I am looking to collect a

seed
capsule or two from a couple native orchids here in Iowa. I want to try

get them going to establish in a couple wet mesic to mesic prairie
reconstructions. The collecting is all above board, by the way.

SO, can anyone steer me to some resources that suggest the best seed

culture
techniques. I am going primarily for Spiranthes magnicamporum (great

plains
ladies tresses).

Thanks.. THis is a great resource you folks have.

Rich at ISU