Old 14-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Goals for next year?

Patskywriter said:

5. learn how to pot up container gardens that look as lush as those in
magazines and on TV

One big secret to keeping them looking good:
Use Osmocote as the fertilizer

Some other things:
Get a good potting mix. The best, most consistantly high quality mix I get
I mail order from Gardener's Supply Company.

Limit the flower color palette to closely match colors or to two related colors (ex:
deep yellow and scarlet orange), with different foliage or, go with two contrasting
colors (blue-violet and orange).

Try to have a trailing plant, a low plants, mid-height plants, and a tall plant.
I like 'spikes' (Dracena) or grasses as the tall plant.

It's best if they look just a *little* skimpy at the start.

Water them faithfully.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)