Old 14-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Tim Challenger

Default Fairy Rings

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:35:52 +0200, martin wrote:

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:23:08 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

On 10 Oct 2003 17:49:11 GMT, Pen Phill wrote:

French though are VERY au fait with the different fungi though.

The Austrians too.

Not forgetting the Italians

I think it's more a case that the Brits are not "au
fait" with mushrooms.

Some Brits are, the others die.

:-)
Like the two sorts of pedestrians: the quick and the dead.

Come a damp day after a warm period in late summer here and you'll see
loads of people out in the woods collecting baskets of "Schwammerl". I
don't recall ever seeing anything like that in the UK.
I'm sure some do, but nowhere near the scale it happens over here.
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.