Old 14-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Lucy

Default Blackbirds

"jane" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:22:40 +0100, "Lucy" wrote:

~I underlaid a large Pyracantha with bark with the idea that fallen dead
~leaves would not show up as much as with gravel. It is working up to a
~point, but the blackbirds are throwing it all over the adjacent paving as
~they search for insects. As they start at dawn and continue on and off
~until dusk, it is hard to keep up with them. Does anyone know of a way of
~stabilising the bark?
~Lucy
~
~
black (coloured) bird netting?

I had thought of that, but just a bit worried about their feet getting

caught - I am often away for a few days at a time. Anybody tried it?
Lucy
--
jane

Mark Twain