Old 14-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default tree identification

In article , Pam Morris
writes

The specimen I've seen (whilst driving past) is approx 12 feet in height
with a similar spread. It has lovely (pinnate?) leaf colours just now but
what I find most intriguing is it seems to have upright cones at the end of
each branch.

The deciduous conifers are Larch (Larix sp), Golden Larch (Pseudolarix
amabilis), Dawn Redwood (Metasequoia glypostroboides) and Swamp Cypress
(Taxodium sp.). Larch does have upright cones, and does have reasonable
autumn colour (at least I thought it worth photographing).

OTOH, I'd've said that of the four it was the least likely for the
foliage to be mistaken for pinnate.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley