Old 14-10-2003, 09:42 PM
David Ross

Default black iris

Starlord wrote:

Hay David, you wouldn't have a little start of that one I could get from you?
I'd like to add it to my iris graden I have out here in the Mojave Desert.

I previously wrote [in part]:
I have a bearded
iris called "Study in Midnight" that is so dark a purple that,
even close up except in bright light, it looks black. It has been
"black" for possibly 10 years or more in my garden.

Remember to contact me again next September. I'm not dividing my
iris this year. When I do divide them, I always have some nice,
robust rhizomes that I trash because no one seems to want them.

Next to 'Study in Midnight', I have 'Henry Shaw', which is white.
The black and white blooming next to each other is striking.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Concerned about someone snooping into your E-mail?
Use PGP. See my http://www.rossde.com/PGP/