Old 15-10-2003, 01:12 AM
RichToyBox

Default Comet-Mouth Problem

Mouth rot is the same as fin rot, both are columnaris bacterial colonies.
They look like patches of fungus, but are bacterial, instead of fungal.
they tend to be located at areas that get damaged easily. My treatment of
choice, since it is a surface bacteria, is to swab with a paste of PP, or an
iodine swab. Be sure to keep these out of the gills during treatment.
--
RichToyBox

"Szpond" wrote in message
could be something stuck, or it could be mouth rot.

Too late, found him dead this morning. I did net him before and could not

find
anything stuck in his mouth. Was before I heard about "popping" his jaw

back
in. Now I will know for the next time. Thanks for your help. Also

"mouth
rot": what is this, should I be concerned for the other fish? Cathy