Old 15-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Jake

Default My setup: opinions please

hey guys.. first off thanks to all of you for the info. this place is an
awsome resource.

i've decided on my setup after 3 months of researching. im going for a
planted setup. i havent decided on the entire plant setup but it will
definitely include riccia, dwarf hairgrass and various crypts. hopefully
i'll have 70-90% ground cover. neons, corys, dwarf gourami & rams will
likely be my choice of fish, but the jury is still out.

so far i've bought the tank, glass cover and custom stand. the rest i still
have yet to buy. i was wanting to get some last minute opinions on my
product choices.

29 gallon 30x18x12
marineland tidepool sump and s.o.s. overflow
diy c02 and jager 100 watt heater in the sump
2x55 watt pc lights mounted 6-8 inches away from the water surface in the
hood

heres some questions:
1. im concerned about the lights. is 6-8 inches too far away?
2. tidepool? yay, nay?
3. would you recommend using fans for the pc lights?

thanks in advance guys
jake