Old 15-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Fairy Rings

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Mary Fisher
writes

Was Ramsbottom there then?

Probably. I got the book (my request) as a school prize for best
'o'-level results. Now, my beard is white and my hair is - er - sparse,
and I remember seeing a doodle-bug being shot down. Rasbottom would

have
been considerably older.....

My beard isn't white, my hair isn't sparse and I don't remember seeing a
doodlebug being shot down.

Even so I reckon that you and I must be about the samew vintage - i.e.

pre
war.

But I have researched viking life quite seriously and from time to time

live
it. None of us uses anything other than mead or ale for mind enhancing
properties - nor have I heard of such a thing as that foreign name you

used

I have read about the Lapps using Amanita muscaria to gather in their
reindeer. The reindeer apparently get high on it in a literal sense too
- they leap high in the air, thought to be the origin of the Santa Claus
reindeer. Have you come across that one in your researches?

Oh yes, but that doesn't mean that the vikings used it ... :-)

Mary
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: