Old 15-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Lee

Default grow lights

Dwight Sipler wrote in message ...
Jan Flora wrote:

...Costco in Anchorage sells these "baker's racks" pretty cheap. They're
stainless steel racks that are perfect for starting seeds and rooting cuttings.

..

If your growing area is in your living room or somewhere public, you
might want to use some other method, since stacks of old newspaper
aren't too attractive, but most people put their growing area out of the
way somewhere.

However, in my opinion, there's no substitute for real sunlight if it's
available. (Condolances to you guys in Anchorage or above).

i have a bakers' rack in dining area and one in my bedroom to use for
decorative plants but i need more light and would like something
'nicer' ..more decorative.. but not garrish .. than the 4 ft shop
lights. any suggestions?

i use the shop lights but am not happy with them . i use my garage to
winter all the potted plants from the patio and in this climate, i can
get by with the eastern facing garage door open during sunny morning
hours if the temp is over 40 for most of the patio plants and a small
heater for nights under 60.

appreciate any suggestions.
LeeH.