Old 15-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Karen

Default soaker pipe from air handler drainage????

Heidi wrote in message m...
or:
lengthen the pipe--dig a ditch, attach PVC to the current end of the
pipe, and lay a length of PVC along our yard, keeping a 5 degree drop
per foot of pipe to allow water to flow down the extension.

:
:
:
What do you think of my PVC soaker idea? Could this work? I have heard
of pipes actually sucking in dirt and getting clogged--which could turn
out to be a problem. If I laid the pipe on top of gravel and only
drilled holes on the bottom of the pipe--do you think it would work?

Do you think this is too much water for nearby grass or plants? I don't
want root rot.

It souds like the leach (leech?) field in a septic system. If it's
designed correctly and buried under the frozen line, there won't be
any water for the nearby grass or plants. But you don't want any deep
root plants near the pipe.

In general, it should work. You may want some kind of relieve pipe as
well in case the leaking pipe is clugged by plants root or (dirt from
the distlled water?).