Old 16-10-2003, 12:32 AM

Default O/T just a thought

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:21:28 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

My own greatest dislike is for posters who add a couple of lines to the
very bottom of a vast quoted message. My current newsreader (Xnews) not
only sticks the cursor at the bottom, but complains if you post something
that is more than 60% quote. That seems like a good idea to me.

Just in case anyone cares, here's a vote for snippage.

My newsreader, Forte Agent, which has a reasonable reputation for
respecting Usenet conventions, places the cursor at the top of the
quoted material when starting a reply. I assume that this is because
that's the logical place to start when snipping irrelevant material.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk