Old 16-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Ted Richardson

Default money plant

Hi Liz
Try Crassula but I can't remember which one , probably "arborescens".
Has little white flowers. thick succulent stems and leaves
Every bit that breaks off is guaranteed to root and grow.
Gets rather big and top heavy in a pot, which is when I tend to chuck them
out
and start again with a fresh bit
Ted

"LizR" wrote in message
: "gary livingstone" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi hope this is the right place to post or can anybody point me in the
: right
: direction as to which NG to go to
: the problem is i've got a money plant but it is not doing very well can
: anybody give me any advice as to care of the plant or do they realy
: reflect
: your wallet
: thanks in ad vance
:
: On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:03:26 +0100, "Pete" junk wrote:
:
: Gary
:
: Money plants are succulents and I think normal habitat is desert type
: conditions which can be hot during the day cold during the night with
: infrequent rain etc.
:
: In my experience they are very hardy and will tolerate under / over
watering
: but they seem to do best in a conservatory or glass porch which get lots
of
: light / sun. Feed with liquid feed during summer.
:
: You can tell when they are running out of water as the leaves start to go
: wrinkly - just water and they swell up again in a few hours.
:
: Once our plant 'settled' down in our glass porch it has flowered
profusely
: every winter without fail - flowers come approx end October and last
through
: to Feb.
:
: It does seem to go through a bad patch every year where it looks a little
: sorry (maybe my fault overwatering when the weather starts cooling down)
but
: recovers no problem
:
:
:
: Pete
:
: Well, you live and learn! I got to the bit about flowers and my eyes
popped out!
: (almost). So I looked it up on Google. The beasts that I call money plants
aren't a
: bit like Lunaria Biennis! Flabberghasted, I am!
:
: So what **do** you call those juicy succulents that grow neglected on
kitchen
: windowsills, have fat round juicy leaves and propagate almost every time a
leaf falls
: off into the compost?
:
: Liz (astonished!)