Old 16-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Doug Lassiter

Default winterizing Bermuda

I maintain a small well-used athletic field in the Austin area that is
mostly common Bermuda. Soil is somewhat clayey. Is there value in
applying a winterizer fertilizer to it? A TAMU ag website says that
fall feedings of turf are more important than spring feedings, but I
can't help wonder whether since Bermuda is about to go dormant I'm
just going to end up feeding weeds (like Dallis) especially using the
time-release stuff, which seems to be the norm these days. A "can't
hurt" from folks selling fertilizer doesn't make it, as my turf
dollars are fixed. If it goes to winterizing, not as much goes to
summerizing. Experience appreciated.