Old 16-10-2003, 06:12 AM
B & J

Default Crotons make for easy care indoor plants?

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
. com...

Unless you have copious artificial light or a sunny bay window or a
greenhouse, trying to grow crotons indoors will be a big disappointment as
are you, BJ.

Many plants actually bloom when they are under stress. Not surprised at

all
that even plants find you difficult to live with, BJ.

Actually, I'm a bit disappointed in you, for you have ALWAYS been right. We
do not have a greenhouse or a sunny bay window, but the south facing room
does receive bright light from the windows during the day with no additional
light beyond the incident light from a reading lamp that we turn on in the
evening. From November through February the plant does little additional
growing but does maintain its bright leaf color. When March arrives, it
begins to put on vigorous, new growth that is a bright green, and that is
also when is when it produces its first messy blossoms. It again becomes
STRESSED enough to produce more blossoms in June and again in August when it
was sitting outside.

John