Old 16-10-2003, 07:32 AM
dkra

Default Watering Vegetables In Containers

x-no-archive: yes

In article , Down Under On The
Bucket Farm wrote:

snip

So I am wondering what would be a good watering schedule for
vegetables in containers (kept outdoors.)

In 10-litre (2.5 gal) buckets, I have broccoli, spinach, lettuce,
zuccini, and capsicum (bell pepper.)

snip

There are also some tomato plants, which will go into 20-litre (5
gal) buckets this weekend.

So I am looking for advice on watering schedules???

I've gardened largely in containers this year, also. You should be
watchful and generous with your watering, especially on sunny days. I
think you should give each container at least 2 liters of water, every
other day, and 4 liters every other day for the larger containers.

-- dkra

--
dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom
[Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]