Old 16-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Bolero

Default A.O.S. Selling Plants

Can I ask?

What kind of class action would be successful in this case? Whether or not
the prices are fair they are entitled to sell the plants for whatever they
like.

I can't see how they can be sued for this.

"William Hill" wrote in message
om...
Hi All, Has anyone noticed that The A.O.S. headquarters in DelRay
Beach is selling orchid plants at wholesale prices??? This to the
detriment of any commercial growers in the area. This passed weekend
they held a blowout sale!! They sent notices to all south Florida
Orchid Societies to the effect that on 10/11-12 they would sell plants
to society members at greatly reduced prices. (how much lower can they
go????) What makes this especially disgusting is that they timed their
sale to coincide with the Fort Pierce Orchid Society's Show. This show
was A.O.S. sanctioned and judged--so they can't say they didn't know.
Was this an attempt to hurt the Fort Pierce Show???? You can bet on
it!!! Are they slapping commercial growers in the area, in the face???
You can bet on it!! Another thing that is unethical AND illegal is
that they are using their TAX EXEMPT status to advertise all of this.
Orchid Societies and commercial growers account for most of the A.O.S.
membership. (not only do all of the above pay dues, but they
distribute more membership applications than anyone else!!!!! I am
told that Lee Cook is primarily responsable for this. TRY TO GET HIM
ON THE PHONE, OR TRY TO GET HIM TO RETURN PHONE CALLS!!!!! They are
laying themselves wide open for a class-action lawsuit. I hope this
can be stopped, but so far the "Powers that be" seem to be thumbing
their noses at us "Little Folks" who are so dumb--that every election
time we blindly send in our proxies so that "THE BIG WHEELS" stay in
power & pretty much do as they please. If you want to contact Lee
---just tell the operator who answers the phone that you want to make
a large donation---He'll respond to that !!!!! Bill