Old 16-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Blackbirds

The message
from (jane) contains these words:

I'm currently hoping that the nestbox I've put up in the Bramley will
get me more feathered pesteaters for next year. Bluetit chicks eat a
*phenomenal* amount.

Glad to hear another gardener has discovered the easy way to regulate
insect life and slugs :-)

In case you or anyone else isn't aware, it makes a big difference to
the success of nest boxes, if you build and site them according to the
preferences of the species you want to attract. Most are picky about the
height, aspect, shape, and entrancehole size, for example.
The RSPB has a good leaflet available or there are useful books in libraries.

Janet.