Old 16-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Seven

Default money plant

"LizR" wrote in message
"gary livingstone" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place to post or can anybody point me in the

right
direction as to which NG to go to
the problem is i've got a money plant but it is not doing very well can
anybody give me any advice as to care of the plant or do they realy

reflect
your wallet
thanks in ad vance

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:03:26 +0100, "Pete" junk wrote:

Gary

Money plants are succulents and I think normal habitat is desert type
conditions which can be hot during the day cold during the night with
infrequent rain etc.

In my experience they are very hardy and will tolerate under / over

watering
but they seem to do best in a conservatory or glass porch which get lots

of
light / sun. Feed with liquid feed during summer.

You can tell when they are running out of water as the leaves start to go
wrinkly - just water and they swell up again in a few hours.

Once our plant 'settled' down in our glass porch it has flowered

profusely
every winter without fail - flowers come approx end October and last

through
to Feb.

It does seem to go through a bad patch every year where it looks a little
sorry (maybe my fault overwatering when the weather starts cooling down)

but
recovers no problem

Pete

Well, you live and learn! I got to the bit about flowers and my eyes

popped out!
(almost). So I looked it up on Google. The beasts that I call money plants

aren't a
bit like Lunaria Biennis! Flabberghasted, I am!

So what **do** you call those juicy succulents that grow neglected on

kitchen
windowsills, have fat round juicy leaves and propagate almost every time a

leaf falls
off into the compost?

Liz (astonished!)

I call mine a money tree, I thought that was what it was!