Old 16-10-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Watering Vegetables In Containers

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:56:54 -0700, Down Under On The Bucket
Farm wrote:

I may also add couliflour, and a few others in similar-sized
containers.

There are also some tomato plants, which will go into 20-litre (5
gal) buckets this weekend.

So I am looking for advice on watering schedules???

I think you'll need to water these plants, in this size
containers, in an environment with strong sunshine, AT LEAST
daily, possibly more.

5-gallon buckets are fairly small for full-size tomato
plants (if your plants are full-size). Last time I tried
this, we wound up watering the tomato plant four times a
day, and finally transplanted it into a 22-gallon plastic
storage tub.

Just water whenever the soil is dry to a depth of a couple
of inches.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/