Old 16-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Reka

Default Cattleya blooming question

"Sarah Huff" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. net...
Thanks, Reka! I'm betting that the plant doesn't have enough light, so

I'm
going to rearrange things tonight.

Sarah

Sarah,
Another tip...it seems that not just the amount of light, but also the
length of light hours is considered to be the trigger as well as water and
humidity signals, that is, seasonal cycles. So if you aren't getting blooms
from the sheaths, it just may not be the right time of year.

Mariana,
as Sue said, cutting the sheaths open is to keep the buds from rotting in
the sheath. I, however cut mine OFF just because I was plain stupid and
thought it was never going to bloom. Mea culpa, but boy, did I learn that
lesson!
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html