Old 16-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Barb Alexander

Default [IBC] What kind of tree is this

Oh, thank you Jim,
for you help and understanding here. I Have read the responces but am no
wiser.. I have no idea what the names they gave mean. I did check out some
tree and shrub books yesterday at the libiary so will see if I can find
these "names" in any of them. I did gather some of the seeds and planted
them, just to see if theymight grow as the parent tree is much too large to
dig up.. I can't dig yet anyway, but am hopeful the surgon will tell me I
can do at least some light digging when I see him again next week.
thanks to all who responded or might respond...
Barb zone 9 north of Houston

I posted the pics on the gallery. Here are the responses todate:
Maybe a prunus spinosa
i would have thought blackthorn or sloe
Rather difficult to tell from the photos, Jim... have her look at
Chionanthus perhaps.. I've seen a lot of leaf shape variability
within both retusas and virginicus. Anyway, the general feel is
one that's close to Chionanthus...

If I get others I'll pass them on.
jim

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++